Don't Stop Believin'



Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Welcome Jack!

Today I went home and picked up a puppy from the Humane Society in Fairfax. After discussing it with Ryan he thought it would be an ok idea to test out a puppy, foster to adopt. Basically what happens is that we keep the puppy for two weeks to see how it goes and if it works, we adopt Jack. Everybody surely knows that once I get one I will not be able to return him. He is a cute black lab/new foundland mix. He is very, very well-behaved. I hope Ryan falls in love with him because I already have. The car ride from Fairfax to Northfield was a little rough. When he first got into the car it was great and then about 10 miles outside of Fairfax he decides he needs to be right on top of me. Snuggling his way into the front seat and plopped down right on top of my lab! This wasn't going to work so I tried to push him into the back, but that didn't work. While on my lap he decides that I don't need to see so he starts rubbing his head on my cheek to get my attention. Oh puppies! I had to pull over and lift him in the back seat. To top it all off I couldn't close my truck because we had a super-sized kennel sticking out of the back end. What a trip, but Jack and I made it. Ryan I am sure is going to fall in love with him! (He called me at work when he got home today, asking me what he should do. Yes he is a dog virgin.) Welcome to our home Jack!



No comments:

Post a Comment