Don't Stop Believin'



Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanks-giving

Thanksgiving means the start of lots of family time! I LOVE family time! This year for Thanksgiving Ryan and I decided to split up. (I didn't like it much.) I had to work on Thanksgiving and between Ryan's get-togethers that weekend it was too much driving to go from point A to B to C. So I headed up north with my brother and the two dogs, while Ryan basked at home in FX (Fairfax).
Up north I enjoyed Grandma's cooking. Logan drove down from Duluth and my cousins and uncle joined us. On Friday we stuffed our faces and then I enjoyed some playtime with Gavin and Brielle. (Some might say I had something to drink, but there wasn't an ounce of alcohol in my system). I was just having plain, old fun!
On Saturday my brothers, grandma, grandpa and I headed up north in my grandpa's old, old, old bronco (I couldn't even tell you a year, but it was before my parents time I believe...). Logan, who of course sat in the front, decided to bust out the moves to Elvira on the cassette tapes. All that he had in the car was a cassette player. We of course were all dressed in our Sunday best. I just thank the Lord that I didn't know anyone besides my family. We took the dogs with as well. They had to jump over the front and back seat to get to the back end because the door didn't open in back. Finally we arrived and took the dogs on a run through the woods. They ran, while we rode 4-wheelers. That evening after getting all the work done at the cabin I decided to start knitting. She taught me the knit stitch, which wasn't too bad. Then Sam and Logan decided to learn. Before you knew it we were all knitting.
Between the food, family, and knitting it was time well spent! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment