Don't Stop Believin'



Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Paul Bunyan Style

We had a busy, eventful weekend. We volunteered in town for a YMCA kids triathlon event, saw Ryan's nephew, Andrew, play soccer (of which he did awesome!), and did some yard work. When I say some, I am under exaggerating. I mean ALOT! My parents came up on Sunday and we cut down many, many trees. Since I come from a family of experimenters, especially my dad, my brother, Logan, and now my husband, they decided to try ten different ways to pull the trees out of our backyard.
Maneuver #1-chop them down
Maneuver #2-drive the Yukon in the backyard and yank the trees out with a rope attached to the front of the car
Maneuver #3-drive the Yukon in the backyard and yank the trees out using some kind of belt borrowed to us by our neighbor
Maneuver #4-buy a chain from Menards and use the Yukon to pull the trees out
Maneuver #5-tie/twist the trees using the chain to pull the trees out with the Yukon
Maneuver #6-cut down the trees using a sharp sheers and dig the tree stumps out
Basically it took us until maneuver #6 to figure out the only way the tress were coming out of the ground is if we dig them out. The conditions couldn't have been better on a 90 degree to do hard, hard physical labor.
Ryan was are go-to weed whacker. I will not touch that thing because it is as tall as me!
The areas where it is brown are the areas we cut down. You can also see some of the stumps we had to dig out.
More stumps...
All the branches/trees loaded into the trailer to bring to the compost. My dad also decided to get on the brush and pretend he was riding it down the highway. He climbed off before I could take a picture. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment